Useful Local Links
Websites with information that we hope you will find useful when planning your holiday in Norfolk.
(all links will open in a new window)
Within a short drive from the camp site
- Cromer Website – Information about Cromer’s shops and facilities
- Cromer Carnival – Cromer has one of the best Carnivals in the UK every August
- Cromer Pier – Cromer Pier is on your doorstep. Book an evening at the end of pier show!
- Felbrigg Hall – National Trust Property with Lake and Park within 5 minutes’ drive
- Sheringham Carnival – Worth seeing and within a short drive of Manor Farm
- Coastal Path – Plan your walk along the Coastal Path or Peddars Way Long Distance Footpath
- North Norfolk Railway – Take a ride on the steam train from Sheringham to Holt
- Muckleburgh Collection – Collection of WW2 tanks and memorabilia on the coast just beyond Sheringham
- Letheringsett Watermill – Norfolk’s only working watermill producing traditional flour from locally grown wheat
- Glandford Shell Museum – Quirky but fascinating. Visit the unbridged Ford too whilst in Glandford.
- Hillside Animal & Shire Horse Sanctuary – Just down the road at West Runton. Follow link for discount voucher.
- Cromer Movieplex Cinema – An excellent choice of entertainment within a 5 minute drive of the campsite
- Amazona Zoo – South American Animals within walking distance of the campsite
- Wizard Adventure Maze – 12 Acre maize maze with play area, train rides and go carts (5 minute drive)
Within a 30 minute drive from the camp site
- Seal Trips to Blakeney Point – Book your trip to visit the Blakeney Seal Colony
- Glaven Valley – Everything you need to know about Cley, Blakeney and Holt
- Bure Valley Railway – Narrow gauge railway running from Aylsham to Wroxham
- Pensthorpe – Nature Reserve owned by the Jordans (muesli) family. Pond dipping, bug walk, nature walks, 7 lakes.
- Blickling Hall – National Trust Property with Lake and Park
- Wroxham Barns – Unique collection of craft shops with children’s zoo and bike hire
- Thursford Collection – Traction Engines, Fairground Rides, Live entertainment on the Wurlitzer Organ. (Closed Saturday)
- Wells & Walsingham Railway – Four mile narrow gauge railway
- Theatre Royal – Enjoy an evening out at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Norwich Cathedral – Information you might need before you visit Norwich Cathedral
- Banham Zoo – Rated amongst the UK’s top 3 Zoos by WHICH?
- Africa Alive – African Animal Adventure Park near Lowestoft
- Holkham Hall – Combine this with a trip to Holkham Beach and a pint in the Victoria Hotel
- Thrigby Wildlife Gardens – Wildlife Gardens. Forest House. Children’s Play Area. Just outside Caister (near Yarmouth)
- Pettitts Animal Adventure Park – Family Adventure Park between Norwich and Yarmouth
- Sandringham – Spend a day out at the Royal Residence in West Norfolk
- Houghton Hall – Deer Park, Historic Mansion and grounds
- Yarmouth Pleasure Beach – A day out at Yarmouth’s own theme park
- Dinosaur Adventure Park – An ideal day out for those with younger children
- Pleasurewood Hills – Lots of information about East Anglia’s biggest theme park
- Mid Norfolk Railway – East Anglia’s longest Heritage Railway between Dereham and Wymondham
- Bewilderwood – A curious treehouse adventure for all the family. Near Wroxham.
General lnformation websites
- Norfolk Weather – Find out which clothes to pack!
- Visit Norfolk – Places to eat. Things to Do. Weather. News. Special Offers.
- National Trust – Look up details of local National Trust properties such as Blickling and Felbrigg Hall
- Norfolk Dialect – Learn how Norfolk is spoke before you arrive here!!
- Go Camping – Useful guide for all things Camping
- Geocaching – Find out about the large number of caches hidden in North Norfolk (There’s one on the campsite!!)
- Introduction to Geocaching – Don’t know what it is? Watch this video!
- Walkers Accommodation Guide – Long Distance Paths in the UK including the Norfolk Coast Path
- East Runton Caravan Storage – Secure Local Caravan Storage Facilities right next to the Campsite
- Norwich Camping & Leisure – Take a drive out to Blofield for all your Camping & Caravan requirements
- Blakeney Quay Webcam – Picturesque coastal village
- Wells Harbour – Tidal harbour, town and marshes
- Burnham Overy Staithe – Popular sailing and bird watching harbour
- Grab a Crab – Gives you a chance to practice before you get to Cromer Pier!