The Victorian seaside resort of Cromer is less than a mile away and is a pleasant walk along a quiet track from the site. It is famous for its pier, lifeboat and for “Cromer Crabs“. It has a 4 screen cinema, supermarkets, local shops, pubs, takeaways and restaurants. Cromer and Sheringham have safe sandy beaches suitable for swimming.
East Runton village (just over a mile) has two pubs, a Greek Restaurant and shops as well as a long sandy beach.
Things to do in North Norfolk
The long distance North Norfolk Coastal Footpath passes right by the site and gives easy access to a network of quiet public footpaths through the enchanting and tranquil Norfolk countryside.
Within a short drive of Manor Farm
- Felbrigg Hall and Blickling Hall (National Trust)
- Blakeney Point Bird Sanctuary & seal boat trips
- North Norfolk Steam Railway -Sheringham to Holt
- The Georgian Town of Holt with it’s shops & cafes
- Holt Forties Weekend
- Holt Owl Trail
- Sheringham Little Theatre
- Golf Courses and Pitch & Putt
- Tropical Leisure Pool at Sheringham
- The Muckleborough Collection, Weybourne
- Bure Valley Narrow Gauge Railway, Aylsham
For days out from Manor Farm…
- Thursford Steam Organ Collection
- Weston Longville Dinosaur Park
- Holkham Hall & Bay (Shakespeare in Love)
- The Sandringham Estate
- Houghton Hall
- Norfolk Lavender, Heacham
- Swaffham wind turbine
- Fakenham Races
- Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park
- Burnham Market
- the vibrant City of Norwich with its shops, restaurants, theatre and cinemas
See our Links page for more ideas!